Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Year and New Adventures

Well it really has been a long time since my last post. This year has some 'big' changes in my life. At the beginning of April (not the 1st, but 2nd) I'll be getting married! And then, off on a journey of a lifetime. I will be travelling overland from London to Darwin - a six month honeymoon before winding up in New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup. I am looking forward to the trip...and the rugby. My fiancee and I will be travelling with Odessey Overland, for anyone who is interested.

I am also looking forward to travelling around New Zealand. I will be using the journey to pick up on my artwork. I trained as an illustrator, graduating from Wolverhampton Uni in 1995 and since then my drawing has been a little sporadic unless I am designing some terrain or paintjob for a unit of lead miniatures.

So my ramblings will take a slightly different thread for the time being. My paint station lies in the basement of my fiancee's house along with my paints and some plastic minis from Warlord Games. Looking forward to the future I will be able to attend Salute 2011 this year in London. The convention is on the day before I leave the UK which is kinda cool. I guess it'll be a fond farewell to wargaming, at least for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment