It's amazing how real life gets in the way of a few hours of painting. I have finally managed to get back to painting my 28mm Perry ACW Confederates. My first regiment was painted in base colours and then I used the Army Painter dip. I finished the first regiment off with the Daler Rowney Matt varnish.
Having taken inspiration from a range of blogs (you can find some of the links on this blog page) I have moved away from the dip method and I am trying out the 'Foundry method'. I am pleased with the first few miniatures and I plan to continue and improve my ability with this method.
I have also started to organise the regiments so that the models are of a similar pose, something which I should have done with the original unit.